The Viking’s damage has been reduced to make them a little less effective on the ground. Massed Vikings were a little too powerful in a few late game scenarios. Vikings have also become very dominant in terran vs. terran matches and we are testing to see if a small damage reduction will make some other units more viable.
Archon - Build time decreased from 17 to 12.
Archons can now merge a little faster so “mid battle merges” will be a little bit more practical.
Ultralisk - Anabolic Synthesis upgrade removed. - Health increased from 450 to 500.- Speed increased from 2.25 to 2.9531.
Ultralisks have been buffed to include their speed upgrade as by default and to give them a little more endurance in big fights. This may or may not be enough to get the Ultralisk ultimately where we want him to be. We will continue testing going forward.
Infestor- Burrowed move speed increased from 1 to 2.- Peristalsis upgrade removed.
Roach - Organic Carapace upgrade removed.- Tunneling Claws now also increases burrowed regeneration rate from 5 to 10.
There are many different upgrades on the zerg, the Roach and the Infestor both had three upgrades. We are reducing and combining these upgrades so the units get a little bit more powerful or so that you have to buy fewer upgrades to complete your units. We have also reduced the cost of several energy abilities on the Zerg that didn’t see a lot of use. We will continue to monitor these abilities moving forward.
- Balance Changes:
- Build time decreased from 17 to 12.
- Ground damage decreased from 14 to 12.
- Corruption energy cost decreased from 100 to 75.
- Burrowed move speed increased from 1 to 2.
- Peristalsis upgrade removed.
- Pneumatized Carapace cost increased from 50/50 to 100/100.
- Infested Terran energy cost decreased from 125 to 100.
- Organic Carapace upgrade removed.
- Tunneling Claws now also increases burrowed regeneration rate from 5 to 10.
- Anabolic Synthesis upgrade removed.
- Health increased from 450 to 500.
- Speed increased from 2.25 to 2.9531.
- Map Publishing: the default Battle.net host now points to the correct server.
- Time Expiration notices that were added for testing of the Guest Pass functionality have been removed.
- Fixed a crash when trying to open an old replay by double-clicking it in Explorer.